Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A happy childhood memory 

When I was very young, definitely still a child and able to believe in wonderful magic all around me, not quite understanding the difference between reality and magic, around 5 or 6 years old...


I went to Disneyland with my family. 


At the time, I don't think I knew what Disneyland was prior to going. Disney wasn't a huge part of my life back then. Disney princesses and characters weren't a big deal to me because I didn't really know about them and didn't know to look for them at the park. I don't remember meeting any   characters at Disneyland, and if I did meet any, it didn't leave a significant impact on me.


But what I do remember was It's a Small World. 


I'm sure the impressive castle on the outside had something to do with it. 


But once inside, I thought I had entered into another world. I actually, as the ride went on, started thinking that this world must be real. After all, the puppets/characters were moving and singing and there were so many of them and the sets were so elaborate to my young eyes and the ride just kept going on drawing me in even more...


And the message that they were singing about was so uplifting...


We are all loved. All of our differences are celebrated. The whole world is totally united. 


I believed them. 


I really felt love in the air, coming from these wonderful puppet/character things. 


I made my mom take what seemed like a million pictures of the puppets/character things. I thought that if she took the pictures, there would be proof that they existed, that this was real! I was just brimming over with happiness and excitement. It's a very fond memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment