Saturday, April 8, 2017

I think one of the reasons people don't understand my life is that...my life is very unstructured. In that, I don't go about making a lot of plans. For anything, big or small. This doesn't mean that I don't care about things or have no goals. I do, about as much as someone can. 

I think I just have a different way of operating than some people, or maybe, a lot of people. I don't think my way is any better or worse. Just different. 


The good thing about someone who makes a lot of plans for his/her life is that he/she usually gets a lot of results. 


The good thing about how I operate, being unstructured, is that I get to "stop and smell the roses more." I don't quite know how to explain this. It's not just appreciating the simple things in life more, though that is part of it. But, that I get to experience a certain, deep side of life.


By the way, I think people are usually some combination of the two, me included. I don't have zero plans or anything. But I think I'm more on the unstructured side than almost everyone around me. 


This is a conscious choice on my part. I know what I'm giving up, and what I'm gaining. 


How did I get to be this way? I'm different from the norm in my communities, for sure. 


I don't know. Maybe part of it has to do with my parents. Despite what it looks like on the outside, my parents are actually really unconventional in a lot of ways. In both really good and really bad ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment