Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter! 

This is a hard post for me to write. I don't really know what to say about Easter. Because I don't really know how I feel about it. I didn't grow up Christian, so...this holiday is kind of new to me. 


Easter is not really about Easter eggs, candy, a big ham meal, going to church, wearing a cute spring outfit to church...


I don't know. What is the heart of Easter? I'm having a hard time feeling it. 


Biblically, I get it. It's about Jesus rising from his tomb, which is symbolic of life for everyone. Something like that. 


I get this. And I believe this. But it's just all in my head. I'm not feeling anything. No gratefulness, no excitement, no nothing. 


I don't know. I kind of think that Easter is kind of a serious holiday. Maybe the heart of it lies in doing some meditating and really reflecting on what God did for us. Which I haven't done. Maybe that's why I don't feel anything for Easter right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment