Sunday, March 19, 2017

Leading this SAT session is a big challenge for me. 

-I'm not an extrovert and don't feel comfortable in groups...especially when I'm the one leading something. 


-I'm not great at relating to high schoolers, especially in a group situation. I'm not good at relating to people who are really different from me. Yeah, I was a high schooler once myself, but that's not who I am right now.


-It's hard for me to teach, period. It's hard for me to understand the different ways people can approach things and the different things they can have problems with. It's hard for me to think outside of just what I know. 


I think this will be good for me, is necessary in a way really, because these are all useful skills. Being comfortable being in charge of a group, being able to relate to people who are really different from me, and being able to intellectually think outside of the box. 


This will help me as a person, in work, in everything. I want to be more well-rounded, I guess.


I also want to have fun doing this! It's supposed to be fun. I'm volunteering. I enjoy volunteering. Right now, I'm kind of stressing out over this. But it can be challenging, yet fun. I need an attitude shift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment