Saturday, March 11, 2017

I feel like I'm in a cooking rut lately. There's nothing home-cooked I really feel like eating, and therefore, cooking.

I want my enthusiasm back!

I think part of the problem is that I want to eat healthier, but I'm not inspired by the healthy recipes that I see. I want healthy food to taste just as good or even better, not just "almost as good."

Okay, time to get back to the basics. 

My favorite cookbook of all time is Alice Waters' "The Art of Simple Food."

She's not just a famous chef. I think her cookbook is amazing, and why I feel confident calling it my favorite cookbook, is because she doesn't just give you recipes. She teaches you HOW to cook...not just the techniques, but more than that...how to think about food. 

She also makes me appreciate food and cooking in a whole new, healthy way. I never knew I could be so excited about food, let alone healthy food. It's amazing!

I've kind of forgotten about this cookbook for awhile, or put it on the back burner. I guess I was just looking for straight-up recipes, and in different cuisines or cooking styles from this cookbook.

I'm glad to have the variety, but this cookbook is a fundamental and staple for me.
I think it's time to start looking through it again!

2 comments:

  1. i also feel like i'm in a cooking rut. for awhile there were so many recipes i wanted to try, now nothing =(

    ReplyDelete