Saturday, December 24, 2016

Where are you Christmas? 
Why can't I find you...

Oh, I feel you Christmas 

I know I've found you 

That's from a Faith Hill song. I like it. I remember listening to this song over and over again in December of either my freshman or sophomore year in college. I was living in the dorms. I was so depressed that holiday season and this song just...spoke to my depression. I couldn't find Christmas. 


So this song started just popping up in my head this holiday season. This year. A few days ago. Where are you Christmas? 


At the end of the day...


Christmas isn't about glitter and bright lights and pretty things

Christmas isn't about wonderful feelings 
Christmas obviously isn't about the presents or nice trips or swanky parties 
It's not even about being a nicer person in general and doing more acts of kindness than normal 

These things don't really do it for me. 


Christmas is about doing THE greatest act of love and sacrifice that you could be doing, currently. What's THE hardest thing for you to do for someone (or people) right now? Be honest. And can you do it? 


THAT'S where Christmas is at. That's when I know I've found it.


Where are you Christmas?


I know I've found you...

No comments:

Post a Comment