Saturday, December 10, 2016

This post has been a long time coming. Well, not really. But it's been on my mind (and subconscious). I had to get to the internal place where I had something to say about this topic. I needed time to let it stew. Process. 

I started my job as a receptionist (admin) at my company over four years ago. At the time, I couldn't wait to leave this job. I wanted to sprint out of here as fast as I could.


I still can't wait to leave. This isn't my dream job. But I'm also okay with my job too now. I feel a certain peace. 


So...what has been holding me here the entire time? No one forced me to stay. Actually, many, many people told me to do just the opposite - they made (or still make) me feel pretty bad about my job. I think a part of me will forever be scarred by other people's judgment of me in this matter. Oh well. 


Anyway, what has been holding me here this entire time then? Why did I choose to do this? 


As with any significant choice, there are many reasons for it. Not just one reason. But the biggest, most important reason, by far - and a reason that in itself is enough to make me stay - is that I stayed here FOR ME. I did it for me. 


What exactly does that mean? To be continued...


I don't mean to create suspense, but this is a deep post and I can't get it all out at once. 


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment