Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 is over. I've never done an end of year roundup before. I'm not sure where to start. But I feel this is necessary because...this is my life, and part of experiencing it is going back and reflecting and remembering things. Good or bad. 

This year, I...


Confronted a coworker I never liked and reported him for swearing at me. It was one of those situations where I knew I was right, but he still had supporters. I took the chance of getting myself into trouble for reporting him, which I did, a little. I feel sad, happy, angry, proud. 


Walked in the SF Chinese New Year parade, shortly after Jesse left for Taiwan and left me in a mess. I knew I had to do something for myself, even though I was a mess. Especially because I was a mess. I feel happy, proud, sad.


Processed more of what had happened between me and Jesse. How it was, and is, between us. I felt a lot of sadness, pain, grief. And now I feel...so many things. It's too difficult to spell it all out. I feel like a rainbow - a complicated one. 


Opened myself up to the world. With this blog. Going to a church community every so often. Talking to new people and initiating it. Telling my family members when they did things that bothered me. I finally had enough awareness of myself and courage to do this. I feel fear, sad, pain, happy. 


And so much more of course. I can't touch on everything about this year. I don't even know why I chose to write about these specific events, among everything. Yes, these were very important things to me from this year, but so were a lot of other things about this year that I didn't just write about. Sometimes there isn't a reason for things, or at least, one I need to know of.


In summary, 2016 is over. I look back on this year with mixed emotions. For the very reason that I am able to do this...feel things...I feel pretty good about my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment