Sunday, November 20, 2016

Today I was out taking a walk and near the end of it, I saw a great rainbow. I saw the whole arc, it was very big, and so close to me. I was among trees and hills. No concrete, no big buildings, no busy roads. Just me and a rainbow in nature.

I thought back to my childhood. When I was a little girl, about 7 or 8 years old, I believed in leprechauns and finding a pot of gold. I believed the leprechauns would lead me to it. My schoolmate told me about leprechauns and their pot of gold, and we both wholeheartedly believed this was possible. 


I never believed in things like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, or anything like that, but that was because my parents didn't tell me about them. They're Asian, and these things aren't part of their tradition. 


But for awhile, I did believe in leprechauns and their pot of gold. 


I'm so glad that there was a period of time in my life when I was so innocent and believed in such wonderful magic. 


I'm so lucky that I got to be a kid, and that I remember what it was like to be a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment