Thursday, November 3, 2016

I'm thinking about what to eat for dinner today. I didn't make dumplings this weekend. If I did, that would have been the perfect meal to eat tonight with a side dish.

They're healthy, they taste good, they're easy to heat up, they're filling, they're inexpensive, they don't use too many processed ingredients.

Oh well!

Okay, baked fish, mashed potatoes, and vegetables it is.

Here are some tips for each of the dishes I'm going to cook:

-Baked fish: I'm picky about baked fish. The fish has to be fresh and high-quality. Then you can't really go wrong, and it is almost guaranteed to be delicious no matter what.

-Mashed potatoes: I haven't perfected my mashed potatoes. But I think I'm getting there. My tip is to steam them (instead of boiling them)...you get greater potato flavor this way.

-Sauteed or boiled vegetables: If you're looking to get more excited about vegetables, there are different kinds you can find at a Chinese grocery store than what American stores typically sell. There's Chinese broccoli, "hollow vegetable" (it reminds me of spinach, but it's not), white radish. I like all of these vegetables, but I'm biased, I grew up eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment