Friday, November 4, 2016

I need to be more kind. I'm not mean...but I'm just a neutral being right now, I guess. I don't believe I was put on earth, and I don't want my time on earth, for me to be a "sum zero" person (I just made that phrase up). As in, someone who didn't harm or hurt people/things, but someone who didn't give back either. 

I need to have made the world a little bit of a better place, than it would have been without me in it.

I don't need to be a martyr (nor do I want to be). I don't need to do great feats for humanity that will be written about for years to come.

I'm a pretty normal person. And for normal people, I think it's mostly in the numerous little things that we do. The kind things that I want myself to do...are probably no different than the kind things that billions of people do all the time. 

There are things I could do right now in the kindness department. Let me see...
1. I could say "hi" to the coworker who tried sabotaging me (see last Friday's post). Because now she's been doing this thing where she looks down at the ground when we pass each other. She doesn't deserve friendliness from me...but I'll extend it. 
2. I painted an Olaf pumpkin. It's sitting on my desk at work. I think it's pretty cute. I could give it (or offer to give it) to the next person who compliments me on it. 
3. I could donate money to this certain cause I care about. I've been putting it off for months. I keep telling myself this is because I'm just lazy. But I think I'm also stingy. 
4. I can't think of anything right now, but the next time, if a friend or general acquaintance needs help with something, I could offer to help them with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment