Friday, October 28, 2016

I'm not sure what to write about today. One of my coworkers, one who I don't like and never trusted after she told me I wasn't invited to happy hour (to my face) a few years ago, but I still remained on professional and courteous terms with...well, she emailed my boss complaining about me. I didn't do anything wrong. It was so petty, and she made me look bad. 

I had no idea she was complaining about me like this. She just went behind my back, basically.

I explained the situation to my boss after my boss asked me about it, so I cleared that situation up, hopefully.

I never did anything to this chick. I don't really care about her much, honestly, besides being a coworker. Sometimes she's nice. Then, she does stuff like this out of the blue. Why does she go out of her way to like...hurt me?

I keep wondering why. Did I do something to her? Or does she want something from me? Or is she going through a rough time? 

I know she's not a nice person (even though she acts like it sometimes), but this answer alone doesn't seem to satisfy me...

Well, I think this is the only answer I'm ever going to get. Sure, there may be other little reasons to trigger her mean behavior towards me, but the biggest reason is...she's just mean.

Deep down, I know this.

So, related to this whole incident, another co-worker just straight-up lied to my face. I found out after the fact.

Up until now, I had thought he was fine. I liked him okay as a person.

Now...I understand that he lied to me because he's a coward. I don't think he's a terrible person for doing this necessarily. Though I did lose a lot of respect for him, obviously.

But the point is...it feels absolutely horrible to be so blatantly lied to. 

With all this said, I had been thinking about baking Halloween brownies for the office on Monday. I was only thinking about it, not for sure, because I've had problems with kindness lately. Anyway, these certain people won't stop me. I'll still do what I had been building myself to do anyway, which is to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment