Saturday, October 15, 2016

I'm currently not talking to any of my family members (my mom, dad, and sister). Not necessarily all for the same reason though. This happened very recently. 

I don't think it's vengeful. I hope not. I'm just hurt. So I'm keeping my distance. I don't even think my dad knows that I'm deliberately choosing not to talk to him, since I don't talk to him that often anyway.

I don't know how it is for other people, but unless someone has the absolute perfect parents and siblings...I don't see how issues can't flare up from time to time. 

In that case, sometimes the answer is to just let the issue go and continue on as normal, peacefully and happily with each other.

Or sometimes the best solution is to talk it out. 

But, sometimes I think it's okay to deliberately distance ourselves. Either to recover from the hurt, and/or to protect ourselves. Which is where I'm at right now, and it just so happens to be with all my family members. 

I don't think this means that I have a dysfunctional relationship with any of them necessarily. I think that this is actually a very normal thing to have happen, if we're close to our family members and are honest with ourselves when certain things bother us.

These are my preliminary thoughts on the matter. I'm trying to figure these things out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment