Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Throwback Wednesday #3

I had only been working at my current company for a few months before I attended our company party. I had no idea what to expect.

IT WAS VERY NICE.

That year, our company had done really, really well. Sales were through the roof. So we were indulged with a great party.

The company party was at Straits Cafe, a tapas-style restaurant in a swanky area. They didn't skimp on food. We had lots of food, and it was the good stuff.

But, the best part of all...were the raffle prizes!

I don't remember everything, but among the prizes there was: a tablet, $500 Southwest gift cards, a digital camera I believe, and much more. 

Then, there were the straight-up, cash prizes (in everyone's minds, the best part). The most was $800, then $500 to several people, and lots more underneath that.

We were a small company, so the chances of winning something was pretty great...probably around 50% or so.

You can just imagine the excitement in the air!

I didn't expect to win anything...but I did!

By the way, I was not one of those people who won things. The last time I had remembered ever winning something in a raffle was in around second or third grade, when I won a mini-pumpkin at a school-wide raffle. 

That night, I didn't win the top prize ($800 in cash), but I came pretty close...$500 in cash!

When they announced my name, I couldn't believe it. I acted like a complete dork. 

I kind of thought I would faint. Well, not really, but I was in shock. I put my hand over my heart. I was speechless. I had to get out of my chair, and I almost fell over it.

With my money, I bought my iPhone 5.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment