Sunday, September 11, 2016

My flaws

Today I'm getting real and talking about my flaws. These are my flaws as of September 10, 2016:

I'm insecure: I've talked about this quite a bit on my blog. Because it's true. And it's still a major problem. I work and work on it. I've got more work to do. In the areas of my life that I most care about, I am the most insecure. 

I'm selfish: My heart isn't big enough. I could and should care more about others than I do right now. I tell myself it's because I'm too tired, too preoccupied with my own worries, it's just a phase. Which is an excuse, because it's not like I'm going through any life catastrophe right now or anything. I should be spending more of my time thinking about others than I do right now.

I'm shy: I tell myself that shyness is endearing. Well, it can be. At the same time, it can also be NOT endearing and be a liability, if you take it too far. It's just a spectrum. Well, I try the best that I can. People, especially large groups of people, intimidate me.

I don't know myself inside out--that's impossible. I'm sure I have other flaws that I'm not aware of. But I do have somewhat of a grasp of myself, and these are my major flaws as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment