Monday, September 12, 2016

Meal planning for the week

I don't know how other people do it unless they eat out all the time, but for me, I have to have somewhat of an idea of what I'm going to be eating for each day somewhat ahead of time, in order to actually have something to eat when the time comes.

Unless I eat out, having food to eat just takes a lot of time. Planning ahead somewhat is the only way that I can get this job done.

On the weekdays, breakfast and lunch are easy for me. I usually eat something store-bought for breakfast, like granola bars. Lunch is easy because I eat out. I eat mainly sandwiches or salad, but often other stuff too.

Dinner is the hard part.

Here's my dinner food plan for the next few days. I don't plan in detail, but I need at least a rough sketch.

Monday (today):
-roasted potatoes and peppers
-with already-cooked meat of some sort from the grocery store

Tuesday:
-fresh fish, baked or sauteed
-leftover roasted potatoes and peppers

Wednesday:
-takeout

Thursday:
-cook simple Chinese or Italian meal of some sort

Friday:
-takeout, or leftovers if there are any, or cook something, we'll see

This is a highly flexible schedule, but at least there's some planning involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment