Monday, September 5, 2016

I was a little disoriented during my cousin's wedding.

It was in a location about a couple hours away from home, probably a little under a couple hours in no traffic. 

But because it was on Labor Day weekend, I have a feeling that contributed to the traffic. 

I was driving the whole time. 

Mainly, getting through SF, taking highway 1, took about 1.5 hours! The traffic was insane. 

We left the house a little after 11 am, and got to our hotel at 2:30 pm. That's almost 3.5 hours of nonstop driving for me. 

That really shook me up. I wasn't expecting such a long drive. I was also driving under pressure for a lot of the drive, because we were afraid that we were going to be late to the wedding. I also didn't drink any water the whole time that I was driving. I think I was too preoccupied with driving, stressed, and forgot to. 

Once we got to the hotel, we had a few minutes to change. We waited around for the shuttle for some time (it ended up leaving 30 minutes later than we thought it would). Then it was about a 30 minute (somewhat windy) ride in the shuttle to the wedding location.

By the time I was actually on my feet again and done with transportation, I was in a very weird state. 

I think I just really needed to lay down and recover for a little bit. But I was at a big wedding, and there was lots of excitement and energy going on all around me. 

So I was just feeling very physically weird the whole time. 

Now I'm back home. I took a 2 hour nap. I'm beginning to feel back to normal. 

I don't know how other people do it. I really don't. But I don't think I physically deal with situations that are a combination of physically tiring and stressful very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment