Sunday, September 25, 2016

I also like this memory, part 2

It was an ordinary day at work. I was sitting in the lobby, at my receptionist desk, by myself like usual. All was quiet and normal. 

Then, Jesse walked into the lobby from the cubicle area, carrying one of our company's products. He strode into the lobby, not saying anything. I watched him trying to put the product on the wall. 

Not after too long, Jesse asked me to help him. I walked over to where he was. 

I quickly realized that he had asked me to help him, just to get me to be near him. He didn't really need my help. He was also standing very close to me. I could smell his cologne, or after-shave, or whatever it was. He smelled nice and masculine.

While we were so close to each other, we had a nice conversation. The conversation was more personal. 

I felt really good after this whole encounter. 

Jesse went back to his office space. A short while later, he was back again. 

Before I knew it, he had assembled a whole crew of our coworkers to come out with him. He had decided to make a video demonstrating our product, and our coworkers and himself would all be in this video.

From my desk, I watched Jesse direct the whole operation. He was so enthusiastic and entertaining. I laughed at his creative ideas. I laughed at the scenes he made people go through. I just laughed and laughed and laughed, and giggled. And it was all because of Jesse. I loved his energy. 

Jesse talked to me, he was near me, but he didn't make me participate. 

I saw him looking at me. I saw him watching me when I laughed. 

On some level, I knew that Jesse was putting on this show for me.

I felt so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment