Friday, September 2, 2016

Fancy meals

I don't make fancy meals. I make food that tastes good (I try), using basic ingredients. I don't focus on presentation. 

This is fine for an everyday basis, but once in awhile, I also want to eat food that is on the fancy side :). Fancy food tastes good, it looks good!

I could go out to a restaurant for this, but it's also nice to cook the fancy food myself. 

I recently bought this cookbook, "Rustic Italian" from Williams-Sonoma. It makes me excited about food. The recipes use ingredients that I haven't heard of. Even though this cookbook is called "rustic," the food seems pretty fancy to me :).

Today I've decided to make "Cavatelli with Zucchini Blossoms." 

I just learned that cavatelli is simply a small, shell-looking pasta shape.

I have no idea what zucchini blossoms are or where to find them.

I'm looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment