Wednesday, September 14, 2016

An update about Tim, the unlikable houseguest (see this, this, and this)

By the way, Tim's actual relationship to me is that he's my cousin's cousin. I don't know what to call that, but that's the connection. 

Tim is not staying at our house this visit anymore. He's staying at my aunt's house instead. I still feel his presence though. My aunt lives close by, and there's a lot of family interaction going on. 

As far as I know, he's still here for a month.

I have not seen him since he arrived last week. If I had my choice, I would not see him at all. But, if I do end up seeing him at some point, my plan is just to say a quick "hi." That's it. Given how much I interacted with him last year, this is a bit rude of me. 

Even with the non-interaction, Tim's visit is still heavily bothering me. I'm really affected. I'm not sleeping well, and I'm really mad all day.

There are several reasons for this. In order of magnitude (starting with the largest): 


1. The way Tim talked about angels and demons and the spiritual world he lives in...now I don't know if this is real or not, but it freaks me out. I wish he wasn't near me...I wish I wasn't near...this. 

2. I kept quiet. I never told anyone how Tim treated me last year. I said a little here and there, but it wasn't anything close to the whole picture, and it was to about, 2 people.     
I don't know why I've been so passive. Anyway, staying quiet is hurting me. I know I've talked about him on my blog, but people in my family don't read my blog.   
I think I should just get out there and not be afraid of saying the truth. I'll feel better when the truth is out there.  
I'm not looking to create a war. I won't be mad or bitter when I talk about this. I just want to be truthful.  

3. I don't want to give Tim ANY opening to let him think that he can resume even any fragment of the relationship that we had last year. We are not friendly; he cannot push his opinions of me, on me.

With all this said, I hope that this is the end of Tim affecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment