Friday, August 19, 2016

Ok, I feel weird in the office. This whole coworker-swearing-at-me thing is affecting me more than I thought it would.

It's one thing, I think, to swear and yell at your manager or someone with more power than you. They have the upper-hand, so it doesn't seem as "horrible" to treat them wrongly. You're not kicking someone who's down or weak, so to speak.

I'm the receptionist, and an admin, of sorts. He's a sales engineer. 

I'm also female. He's a guy.

Nor is he someone I'm supposed to tolerate a certain amount of "unhappy" or "unsatisfied" behavior from...I don't work for him, and it's not my job to support him at work or anything.

All of these factors matter. It makes his treatment towards me that much more wrong and disrespectful.

I wish Jesse had been here. If he had, I know he would have "beat" this guy up (or threatened to). :(

Anyway, even with management telling him that he was wrong and giving him a warning, this guy is going on and on about how I had bad tone, bad looks, bad body language, whatever. He even thinks he deserves an apology from me.

To that I say, whatever. I feel like, he just can't stop.

Anyway, it's time to put this past me. I think it makes sense for me to feel bad, but past a certain point, then it's on me. I just have to forgive this guy, move on.

I'm already starting to feel much better.

Okay, there's one more thing I want to talk about. Now, I don't know if this is my imagination or anything. Could be. 

So, I'm not sure how many times this has happened in our office before, where management has given an employee a warning (even an informal one) for his/her behavior towards another employee. This may be the first time. I'm not sure. 

But in any case, now I FEEL like there's a slightly funny feeling in the air. You're not supposed to "snitch" on people, and maybe I just made the office feel more bureaucratic. And maybe certain people, especially the people who were mean to me before and I don't get along with, are kind of walking on eggshells around me.  

Shrug. IF this is the case, then this is okay with me. I own what I did, and I can accept that it makes me unpopular. I never approached work with the idea that it has to be paradise and I have to be best friends with everyone here. As long as it's tolerable, I'm okay with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment