Friday, June 17, 2016

Weekend plans

I don't have any plans, like usual. I think it's mostly because I'm in an unconventional life stage/phase. I don't feel like I'm in the single or married stage. Well, I am in the single stage, but that doesn't mean I want to hang out with just single people all the time. And neither do I want to hang out with just married couples, or couples in general. By default, that kind of leaves me nowhere. Singles and couples, at my age, don't mix that often.

I used to feel bad about being unconventional, but I'm mostly over that. I live for me. I used to feel bad, and still do, for never having plans, but I'm trying to get over that. It's not ideal, but I've learned that life doesn't have to be ideal for it to be okay or good.

I guess I could busy myself with a lot of activities and events in general, but that doesn't feel right to me either. If I did, I know I would be doing it basically to fill up a void in my life. The void of not having my own family. But I choose to accept this void instead. I don't like it, but I don't need to pretend or act like this void isn't here. Other single people in their thirties can be very busy with activities and truly enjoy that life. I'm just speaking for myself here.

Father's Day is tomorrow! My sister got him a card and I'll sign it. Other than that, I don't know if we'll do anything else. We may or may not. My family doesn't usually plan out events in advance, since my dad is so busy with work all the time.

If I'm feeling like it, I may take a dance class this weekend. Either modern dance or ballet. Maybe even both? We'll see. I can decide later.

But, for sure, one thing I'm looking forward to, is sleeping in, in my comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment