Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I know I've talked about this before. I'm looking forward to taking a walk around our house today.

It's a good combination of the right amount of exercise, and enjoying nature/scenery for me. The walk takes a little less than an hour, which is a good length of time, and it's hilly, so I feel like it's a significant workout. When I walk on all flat places, that doesn't really do anything for me.

It's also just so nice in our neighborhood. I really enjoy the natural scenery. I'm actually not a fan of really landscaped areas, it looks beautiful at first, but I think that nature as it exists, wild and free, is the most beautiful sight on earth. And in our neighborhood, there is still a lot of nature, and it's really nice. The foliage is very green, and varied in shades of green. The mountains in the distance are nice; a rich shade of brown and not too large nor too small. The grass in certain places is yellow, but it doesn't look dried out to me, it's a nice, natural, golden yellow. The sky is blue, and the way the light hits everything, no matter the time of the day, is always just right. Soft, yet bright.

I think I'm one of those people who's more sensitive to air around me. If I'm in a dirty, smoky area, I feel it right away and feel the urge to cough. Conversely, if I'm in a very clean area with lots of good oxygen, I feel better right away. My lungs feel cleaner, I take a deep breath, it feels like salve to my body. That's how it feels when I take a walk around our neighborhood. The air isn't as pristine, as say, the air in a national park, but it's much better than what you can expect to find in most civilized places.

I often see other neighbors walking too. I don't know their names, but some of them I recognize. Regardless, we say a quick hello to each other and go on our ways. It's nice to see other people walking around, just as nature and our bodies intended for us to do.

So, that is something that I enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment