Sunday, May 8, 2016

Yesterday night, I cried. I woke up in the middle of the night, started thinking about something, realized just how bad it made me feel, and I cried. Not for very long. But still, I cried. 

I had gone out to eat dinner with a group of people. During the dinner, someone made me feel really bad for being single. It wasn't malicious. But she just kept bringing up my dating life when I didn't have much to say about it, and talking about how my parents and everyone else are really worked up over how I'm single. 

It's really hard to be single. I think that's fairly easy to conclude, and I don't understand why people make it even worse for me. 

I also don't understand why people judge me for it. It feels like that's all (some) people can see me as. Just that I'm a single girl. Not that I'm a person with interests or hobbies or friends. They just see my relationship status. And then they assume that there's something wrong with me because I don't have a relationship or personal life that makes sense to them. 

I'm not made of ice. I'm sensitive to people and it hurts. Even if I don't show it and cry in front of people over this, I'm a person with feelings. 

I wish (some) people wouldn't judge my personal life, and judge me based only on how they perceive my personal life to be. 

I wish (some) people would put in just a little more care to remember how hard and awful it feels to be single, and to remember that I'm a person with feelings. Then they would be MUCH more tactful. This is not hard to do, and I don't understand why they think it's okay to be otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment