Saturday, May 7, 2016

This week was okay. I work as a receptionist for a small office. It's not a stressful job and not a job with much variety. So there really isn't much that can shake up my routine at work. Nothing to elevate it to a particularly wonderful work week, nor a really horrible one either. Same old, same old. I'm good with this constancy. I'm not looking for a job where a lot of exciting and rewarding things happen necessarily. That would be great of course, but not one of the things most important to me. So, it's all good.

My boss is away on vacation for 2 weeks, so I feel even extra leniency and less stressed. She's away a lot though, so this is nothing new. Lately I've been coming into work a lot later than I'm supposed to, because I know I can get away with it (but I stay later too to make up for it). I would like to get back into the habit of coming into and leaving work on time. It helps beat traffic in the mornings, I get more daylight time after work, and I just feel like a better person/worker overall when I'm there when I'm supposed to be. 

That's all! I know, not very exciting, but that's real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment