Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I'm really bad at making eye contact with people. I wrote an essay about this, and I thought that if I was able to write an essay about it, then that would be able to help me overcome my problem, once and for all. 

Well, maybe it did help. Maybe eye contact is just something that needs to be practiced more, especially for someone like me who never made it to begin with.

I guess I never thought of it that way before...okay.

Do you know what else is embarrassing? I can't look in the mirror and look myself in the eye. I mean...I do see myself in the mirror and my eyes, but...I really can't look at myself very meaningfully. I have this very odd expression on my face when I look at myself. It looks sleepy, or maybe careless, is the best way I can describe it. I don't think I should be looking at myself that way. This never used to occur to me, but sometimes, when we are looking at ourselves in the mirror, if we're not just studying ourselves, we should look at ourselves with love! Like the way we might look at other people.

Well, maybe if I get better at making eye contact with other people, I'll get better at looking myself in the eye too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment